An iPad Mini and an iPhone 5S (First Place)
$100 and an AppC Swag Pack (Honorable mention)
- An iPad Mini and an iPhone 5S (First Place)
iPhone 5s and iPad Mini (Approximate cash value: $900).
- $100 and an AppC Swag Pack (Honorable mention) (3)
This prize includes a $100 gift card to Amazon, and some Appcelerator swag (shirts, stickers). (Approximate cash value: $120)
About the Challenge
Over the next year, we'll be hosting a series of online hackathons on ChallengePost. Each one will have a different theme and different prizes. Check back often for new contests, and see the first one below!
iOS7 offers myriad new features and APIs, and Appcelerator has everything you need to leverage them all. For this Mobile DevChallenge, we're looking for great implementations of iOS7 apps built with Appcelerator.
This could be an app you conceive today and ship before the deadline, it could be an app you've already been working on, or it could be an iOS7-ready version of an app you've already shipped.
Brainstorm your ideas. Form your team. Design and build an amazing, disruptive mobile application. Submit it for the Mobile Dev Challenge and blow us away!
We're looking for innovative, disruptive mobile technologies and services. Start building the buzz for your application today with the #appcelerator hashtag.
We can’t wait to see what you come up with!
Don't forget to check out our handy iOS 7 Migration Guide!
Also, here are a few cool iOS 7 features supported by Appcelerator:
Any individual or team that has built an app using Appcelerator is eligible to enter. It can be an app you built prior to this contest or one you are building now. Take a look at the judging criteria, and submit your app!
To enter a submission, please include the following no later than 5:00pm Pacific Time on December 10, 2013.
- The name of your app that uses Appcelerator Titanium or Appcelerator Platform
- Your Titanium App GUID (my.appcelerator.com > App Details > App Actions)
- A descripion of your app and how it leverages the design, features and APIs of iOS 7
- The names of the team members involved in the creation of the project
- A URL to a demo video (YouTube or Vimeo), featuring your application in action (less than 90 seconds)
- One or more images of your application
- A URL for your app on iTunes, if it's available
- iOS 7
Does the app utilize new iOS features and APIs? Does the design flow well with iOS 7?
- Depth of Integration with Appcelerator
Does the app take advantage of the unique functionality offered by Appcelerator? Does the app demonstrate an understanding of the features Appcelerator offers?
Are you leveraging social, enterprise, and functional APIs to improve the experience for your users?
Does the app target a viable market? Do clear revenue models emerge? Does the app solve a clear problem?
- Originality of Concept
Is the application unique and innovative? Does it bring new functionality to mobile devices?
Is the app fully functional? How well does the design/UI work? Does the app have users? Social media presence? Press mentions?